Physical Refining Process is used to refine our crude oils. The equipment and machineries used are constantly upgraded to meet the market demand.
1. Quality Control
- The production process is under stringent control with routine inspection by experienced personnels.
- The SIRIM recommended system of monitoring, is strictly adhered in the checking and testing of raw materials, material-in-process and finished products.
- Our well equipped laboratory is able to conduct most of the tests to ensure that the products meet various requirements of customers.
- Presently our palm oil products with packaging sizes ranging from 0.5 Kg to 17Kg are certified under SIRIM MS 682: 2004.
2. Food Safety
- Our palm oil products are certified with ISO 22000 and HACCP since 2009
- Food Safety is further enhanced through frequent inspection by the local authority.
3. Halal Certification
- Our products are also awarded HALAL certification by the Islamic Development Department of Malaysia.
4. Research & Development
- Regular research and development are conducted to explore the extensive downstream product possibility of oil refining. Bakery fats like margarine and shortening are first developed to cater to the market demand. They are followed by Dough fat, Vanaspati, Butter Oil Substitute, Frying shortening, etc. In fact we can custom make our products according to specific needs.
- By establishing technical cooperation in R and D with raw material suppliers, and collaboration with various research institutes, Syarikat Kion Hoong is able to produce the best result in meeting our customers' various demand and needs.
The company view strongly on the importance of R and D and committed to allocate sufficient fund for these purposes.